MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Join the Land Ceptor team and work to support the British Army in realising the full potential of its latest Ground Based Air Defence capability, or help tailor this capability for the needs of emerging export customers. In either case, you'll be building on world-class design: incorporating new ideas, functionality and technology to deliver to our customers.
Day to day you'll leverage the systems engineering approach to identify future capability needs, operating across an array of technical teams to investigate, analyse and assess suitable solutions. Following this, you'll need to coordinate the implementation, integration and verification of these solutions - on time, on cost and on quality.
The successful candidate will be comfortable adapting themselves and their approach to the challenge at hand; they will maintain vision amongst complexity and be adept at communicating this vision to drive, engage and influence partners.
The role will have real impact on what we deliver to our customers, current and future, and in return will provide you: the opportunity to work independently across the company; genuine engineering challenges, and broad professional growth.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- A capable Systems Engineering practitioner, ideally with experience across the full Systems Engineering lifecycle;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with customers, technical specialists, partner teams and senior management;
- Past experience coordinating a team from diverse engineering, would be highly beneficial
- Ideally, experience of the writing, management and verification of requirements, including the use of IBM DOORS software to do so
- This role provides the opportunity to work in a high performing team, delivering tangible outputs with a real impact on our customers
- Overwhelming export interest in the product means the position has high visibility across the company and the team are empowered and supported to progress
- Building on a new, validated product will provide exposure to full lifecycle challenges, working across a diverse structure of engineering disciplines
- Join a team with a focus on personal growth, and a tailorable role to achieve your maximum
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!