MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £48k depending on experience
An opportunity has arisen to join an enthusiastic, driven and dynamic team, working across international boundaries who are focussed on delivering a Mission Planning product for a key domestic and export customers.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- Understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (e.g. DOORS) and Configuration Management essential.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment spanning a number of teams and locations is essential.
- Experience of technical problem solving and a strong ability to think analytically.
- General understanding of mission planning principles would be beneficial.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
You will be working on Mission Planning products for key domestic and export customers. The development is closely coupled with MBDA-France and as such, there is a strong emphasis on strong international working, providing opportunity for some travel and exposure across the French side of our business. In addition, we work closely with many external partners, which the successful candidate would have the opportunity to participate in, these include BAE Systems and several areas within the Ministry of Defence.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to...
- Work across a large range of the product lifecycle, including requirements definition, design generation and flow down through to proving and certification activities.
- Work with MBDA-Fr and local SMEs to build a sound understanding of the underlying principles of the system.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the end user.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.The Role
Join a great team!
- You will be conducting systems design activities for mission planning products.
- You will provide key inputs to requirements capture, design freezes, system integration and testing through to full product verification and certification.
- You will work closely with UK and French Systems and Software teams, as well as other parties to enable robust design and system validation.
You'll be joining a focussed, agile team who are highly driven to deliver a Mission Planning product for a key domestic/export customer, on time, on cost and to the quality that MBDA is renowned for. The sub-system team is relatively small and colleagues work very closely, supporting each other to ensure continuous commitment to delivery is maintained.
The sub-system team works as part of the wider Mission Planning & Control Function, responsible for delivering a multitude of projects and you will have the opportunity to gain visibility across many of these projects.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!