Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The Electro-Optical Seekers Group is responsible for the specification, assessment and delivery of a range of electro-optical sub-systems used within complex weapon systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
The successful applicant will join our Modelling & Tools team, working with our internal experts and project leads to develop the mathematical models and tools needed to support the development of cutting edge electro-optical sensors for complex weaponsWhat we're looking for?Essential
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience in mathematical modelling and coding using tools such as Mathworks Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in verification & validation, configuration control and model release processes
- Strong logical and analytical skills to address the technical nature of the work
- Good communication and stakeholder management
- Data analysis and technical report writing
What's in it for you?
- Experience in software product/app development
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation and passive detection principles, in particular in the infra-red wave-bands.
- Understanding of active Electro-Optical detection methods using LADAR and/or LIDAR technologies
- Experience of working in Agile teams
You will have opportunities to support your professional development by working on some of the most complex, cutting-edge Electro-Optical systems being developed, not only developing your technical abilities, but also your management and leadership skill-sets.
With the support of the team around you, you will have access to the facilities, tools, expertise and development opportunities needed to supply state of the art solutions to our customers.
There are also opportunities to get involved in conducting cutting-edge research and development into strategically important technologies.Our benefits
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The nature of the work is broad, varied and dynamically changing. You will work in a highly skilled and experienced team covering fundamental technology development through to concepts and product development, manufacturing, delivery and in-service support.
Some travel may be required between MBDA sites, supplier and customer locations, and test sites both within the UK but also internationally.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.