AWE is currently recruiting for an experienced Radiographer within the Non-destructive testing (NDT) Group under Quality Engineering. You will provide technical expertise and guidance in Radiography Inspection and Development of new processes.
Location - Reading area
Package - £Negotiable (dependant on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
You will be responsible to:
- Develop and Evaluate processes utilising Digital and CT X-ray equipment in accordance with Statutory Regulation and Company procedures to support current Programmes.
- Lead on Radiography technical assessments to support Product Design Requirements using appropriate methodologies.
- Ensure Production targets are met by supporting Radiography Inspection, where required, for product certification.
- Create and implement new strategies to inspect for defects in future Products by developing new methodologies, including Design for Inspection principles.
- Lead Quality Support design/technical/task reviews, defect reviews and stakeholder meetings as required to ensure Quality is represented.
- Represent Quality (Radiography) by engagement in site-wide capability development programme.
- Maintain and develop specialist knowledge through continuous professional development (CPD), technical press, suppliers, and Communities of Practice (CoP)
- Engage with relevant stakeholders across AWE, the UK and our international partners
We would like to hear from individuals with some experience in the development of Radiography processes or for someone who carries out a Radiography Inspection service that is looking to technically develop their career.
Typically, we would expect you to have some knowledge and/or experience of:
- Working knowledge of the Ionising Radiation Regulations
- Applying modern Radiography technology - Direct Radiographer (DR), Computed Radiography and Computed Tomography
- Familiarity with basic quality tools and world class manufacturing
- Implementing problem resolution and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Developing and applying Radiography inspection techniques to confirm design requirements
- Radiography Inspection practices, interpretation of resulting imagery in accordance with detailed requirements, the safe use of X-ray & Gamma equipment, setting up of components/assemblies
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.