WHAT TO EXPECT
As JLR products become increasingly complex, software driven and enabled through the use of AI/ML, it becomes increasingly important to apply a state-of-the-art Test Environments and Automation approach during development and testing. Assisted and Automated Driving (AAD) is at the forefront of this wave of change and is, therefore, looking for a chapter lead to lead the AAD Test Environments and Automation enabling the use of best-in-class modelling & simulation methods and tools in development and testing of Assisted and Automated Driving Products.
The chapter mission is to bring leading talents into the Test Environments and Automation squad, provide them the best home with all necessary support, training, and opportunities to become better engineers every day. Chapter members support development squads with their unique skillsets, working according to agile principles and methods, defined by the Chapter Lead and Technical Specialist. The squad will deliver pioneering solutions for the Test Environments and Automation challenges faced during AAD features definition, development, verification & validation.
You will build up the right capabilities and people, equip them with the skills, tools, and standard approaches to deliver functional excellence, and ensure that they are deployed to value-creation opportunities. The chapter supports all AAD activities to design and deploy Test Environments and Automation, enabling the wider engineering community to utilise them for AAD Features definition, development, delivery, and verification and validation. You will lead the development and progression of chapter members in your and adjacent teams through a combination of training, coaching, best practices and mentoring.
In this role you will
* Enabling development pathways for junior and experienced chapter members
* Define, update, and standards of working for chapter members (‘the how and definition of done')
* Define, update, and supervise deployment of training plans for chapter members.
* Perform performance review (annual & mid-year) for chapter members (taking into account PO feedback)
* Fulfil duties of servant leader for chapter members
* Define, together with Technical Specialist, road map for the chapter - skills portfolio, experience distribution, and standards to follow
* Work as part of an Agile scrum team
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Extensive experience with servant leadership for development chapters (teams)
* Extensive experience in MIL, SIL, HIL, VIL, Vehicle based validation execution, automation, and improvements in an AAD, or similar, context
* Extensive experience in working according to Agile principles, methods, and tools (scrum, Kanban and others)
* Critical thinking mindset when identifying opportunities for the use of new tools and methods
* Experience of enabling progression & development of colleagues