What to expect
As part of a small supportive team, the candidate will help develop future Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. With specialist knowledge, they will work as part of a cross-functional team during several unique and exciting new vehicle programmes, responsible for testing the following test modes: front impact, side impact, rear impact, rollover, pedestrian impact, interior impact, crash sensing, rough road non-deployment testing.
The candidate will form part of the Vehicle Safety Test Team, working closely with both internal and external test facilities to deliver Vehicle Safety testwork to a high standard, supporting the test schedule to suit programme timing and priority, test data, other test engineers and vehicle logistics.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Liaise with CoC's and delivery teams to provide test service required, balancing planned & reactive test work
* Deliver test timing plans in accordance with programme demand
* Ensure vehicles are fit for test with correct components/electrical functionality
* Conduct crash tests/sensor abuse tests in line with internal & legal test standards
* Conduct pre & post test measurements
* Manipulate data formats to suit various customers
* Develop external crash test houses and ensure robust test processes are maintained. Deliver continuity and repeatability of results between test sites.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* The individual must have effective communication skills and be able to face off to various levels throughout the business including suppliers.
* Applicants should be familiar with all aspects of the vehicle architecture.
* Applicants should be familiar with Vehicle Safety Integration activity and testing activity.
* Candidates should have a high level of computer literacy, including data analysis tools.
* Driving licence.
* Relevant degree (e.g. Engineering / Maths / Physics) or equivalent experience
* Practical working knowledge of basic physics (mechanics, energy management, experimental test design, etc).
* Familiarity with vehicle architectures (Body system, Restraints systems, Fuel systems etc)
* Experience of testing, test laboratory environment & test procedures
* Working knowledge of all safety legislation & consumer test protocols