At Babcock, we’re creating a safe and secure world, together – and you can play your part. As a Rail Site Manager, you’ll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country’s rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future’s ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a Rail Site Manager, to oversee and assist all multi-disciplinary construction teams on site to ensure the successful delivery of all major projects. This is the ideal time to join and be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career at Babcock international.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we’re growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you’re a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there’s some incredible opportunities.
As the Rail Site Manager, you will be both an effective communicator and leader, ensuring the efficient implementation of all works to agreed project program and correct technical standards. Working as part of the project engineering management team to ensure safe and successful delivery, your role will be to interface with the client(s) residential engineer on matters of engineering and compliance, so a strength in relationship building is key to securing this role.
What will you be doing?
• Participating as a member of the management team in formulating delivery plans and adherence to agreed project programmes
• Assisting in monitoring performance and quality so as to ensure that the delivery targets and program requirements are fully achieved
• Ensuring that project and Framework Programme milestones are met
• Staying apprised of changes to scope and specification
• Reporting perceived deviation from design to the engineering manager/CRE per discipline
• Assisting in managing construction and safety resources on site, ensuring that all contract/service activities are carried out in accordance with conditions of contract/service agreement, health and safety legislation and company procedures.
• Previous experience as Site Manager in the Rail Industry
• Fully conversant with railway structure and associated safety matters
• NIR PTS, PTS, COSS, SWL competencies
• NEBOSH in Occupational Health and Safety and/or NEBOSH in Construction Health and Safety (or similar)
• Able to drive or willing to learn
• Must be fully flexible to workdays, evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What we offer
• Roster premium
• 28 days and Bank Holidays
• Overtime opportunities
• Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
• Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
• Tailored personal development and training programme.
• Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive.
Closing date: 31st July 2022