At Babcock, we’re creating a safe and secure world, together – and you can play your part. As a Senior Signalling Installer, you’ll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country’s rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future’s ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a Senior Signalling Installer, to lead and direct the workforce, including agency and subcontractor staff on site, to ensure safety, productivity and workmanship meet the necessary standards. This is the ideal time to join and be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career at Babcock international.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we’re growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you’re a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there’s some incredible opportunities.
As the Senior Signalling Installer, you will be responsible for checking and monitoring the quality of installation works, as well as ensuring all staff work safely and efficiently, while at the same time liaising with all departments and contractors to ensure work is carried out to standard and within the allotted timescales. With a thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of railway workings you will be required to undertake the role of Site Supervisor when required.
What will you be doing?
• Leading and directing a team, ensuring acceptable productivity and workmanship of all the team members which may include Agency / Sub-Contractors on site. Ensuring that all work complies with current quality and group / line standards
• Ensuring productivity and workmanship of staff is of an acceptable standard
• Ensuring all site operations are carried out safely, and in accordance with standards, reporting on accidents and near misses if required
• Assisting in the planning of on site operations, and future projects
• Ensuring all relevant site records and paperwork are completed, and left in a correct and orderly state
• Undertaking ES, COSS, and PC duties as required, together with other relevant safety duties / briefs
• Thorough knowledge of signalling equipment
• Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations of railway working
• S&T work experience
• IRSE Licensed or working towards
• Ability to lead staff
• Signalling modules SMTH, Mod 3C, Mod 5 desireable
• PTS, COSS and PC desirable
• Good mechanical skills, and good electrical knowledge
• Ability to use hand and power tools
• Able to drive or willing to learn
• Must be fully flexible to workdays, evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What we offer
• Roster premium
• 28 days and Bank Holidays
• Overtime opportunities
• Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
• Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
• Tailored personal development and training programme.
• Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive.
Closing date: 31st July 2022