At Babcock, we’re creating a safe and secure world, together – and you can play your part. As a P-Way Team Leader, you’ll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country’s rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future’s ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a P-Way Team Leader, to lead and direct on-site manpower carrying out Track Renewals works packages as directed by the Supervisor, while at the same time ensuring all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with relevant Group, Line Standards and Safety Legislation. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career with Babcock International.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we’re growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you’re a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there’s some incredible opportunities.
As the P-Way Team Leader, you will be responsible for the safety, welfare and control of staff as directed by the Supervisor; therefore, previous experience of working in a similar role, as well as excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills are pivotal.
What will you be doing?
• Arranging for materials and equipment to complete the allocated work
• Implementing safe systems of work
• Liaising on-site with On-Track Machine and Ballast Train staff
• Ensuring all staff have appropriate valid certificates of competency
• Responsibility for carrying out assessment of work progressed with that planned, agreeing remedial action with Supervisor as necessary
• Ensuring works are carried out safely in accordance with Rules, Regulations and Safety Procedures
• Ensuring appropriate daily works returns (planned v’s actual) are submitted in a timely manner.
• Proven experience in Track Renewals is desirable
• PTS, Lookout, PC, COSS, Machine/Crane Controller, Engineering Supervisor experience is essential
• Successful completion of the Track Chargeman course
• Able to drive or willing to learn
• Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage employees
• Must be fully flexible to work days, evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What we offer
• Roster premium
• 28 days and Bank Holidays
• Overtime opportunities
• Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
• Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
• Tailored personal development and training programme.
• Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive.
Closing date: 31st July 2022