Electrical Controls Engineer
Salary: £31,931 to £44,166 (dependent on skills and experience). A Specialist Allowance of up to £4000 per annum is also available for this role.
Hours: Full Time.
Contract Type: Open Ended.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire
Come and do the kind of engineering that made you want to be an engineer. Stretch your technical skills while building human understanding. Promote sustainability and create new materials. Alongside world-leading scientists and technologists, shape projects that improve lives in the UK and far beyond.
Put simply, come and discover the impact you can make when you're equipped, encouraged and inspired to perform to your very best.
Discover the science your skills can enable by bringing your engineering experience to our ISIS Neutron and Muon Source. At this world-leading scientific research centre, each problem requires a unique solution, taking advantage of the latest technologies. Our engineers and technicians have the freedom to choose their own solution, and the responsibility to take it to completion.
As an Electrical Controls Engineer at this facility, you will provide crucial maintenance and support to our large-scale distributed and stand-alone control and drive systems. You will be responsible for carrying out fault-finding and repair of operational control systems and drives supported by the team. You will also produce test schedules and complete the installation and testing of new or upgraded control systems. Addition responsibilities include:
- Undertake the manufacture and assembly of control system hardware.
- Specify logic sequences and carry out the programming of PLCs and HMIs.
- Prepare drawings and user documentation using AutoCAD.
We are looking for someone with:
- HNC/HND or bachelor degree in an appropriate electrical engineering subject area, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the design, implementation and/or maintenance of Instrumentation & Control systems.
- Experience in the use of office software and CAD packages such as AutoCAD.
What we offer
We are offering a permanent position with a whole host of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday (in addition to 10.5 bank holidays and privilege days)
- Flexible working hours.
- An excellent defined average salary pension scheme
- Employee shopping/travel discounts
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship for candidates applying outside of the UK
Plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
We ask some of the biggest questions in the universe, to answer some of the biggest challenges in the world. Together, our scientists, technologists, engineers and business-support team explore the unknown across every field you could think of. They turn what they find into work that changes the world around us.
What could you achieve with the world-leading facilities and experts of one of Europe's largest research organisations by your side? Join us and discover what's possible.
How to apply:
For full details on the role, please visit our careers site. Please submit an application including your CV and a Cover Letter that clearly showcases how your skills and experience align to the requirements of the role. If you experience any difficulties with applying online, please contact us on or call us on 07840 857754.
Closing Date: 24th July 2022