MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
You will join the Meteor programme and work in a Systems Design team for the Head of System Design - Export, managing the System Design Task Package for the Meteor F35 Integration programme.
Meteor is the world's most capable long-range air-to-air missile, equipping fast jet aircraft to defend the skies of more than 10 nations.Technical management;
- You will ensure the technical management within the system design skill area. This will include capturing Customer requirements and collaborating with partners, both internal and external. Typical internal partners are Airborne Systems Integration, Aircraft Integration, Guidance and Control, Embedded Software, Simulation and Modelling, Aerodynamics, Systems Proving, and Safety. Typical external partners are Lockheed Martin and Lightning II Delivery Team (UK MoD).
- You will develop and deliver the work package, with support from your colleagues, in accordance with their requirements (time, cost, quality). Typical work package outputs are;
- Pre-trial performance modelling and Weapon Danger Area modelling,
- Trials data analysis and reporting,
- Estimating for new work.
- You will work technical issues in order to develop proposals for recommended investigations and solutions.
- You will apply system design policies and practices.
- You will contribute to the performance and development of the Meteor system design team.
- You will be responsible for work package delivery and management - monitor, report and drive progress.
- You will maintain project control and cost to completion budgets for the work package, with assistance from the Meteor Project Control team.
What we're looking for?
- You will provide inputs to assess the performance of those that contribute to the work package you manage.
What's in it for you?
- Strong logical and analytical skills to address the technical nature of the work.
- Good attention to detail in textual (e.g. technical and business requirements) and logical (technical planning) contexts.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills to clearly convey technical information.
- Project Management knowledge, or an aspiration to learn and develop this skill.
- A willingness to travel within the UK and to the US.
Join a great team!
- Opportunities to travel abroad and work with international partners.
- Gain a deep understanding of Meteor and the unique challenges of engineering world leading missile products.
- Gain a wide insight into the methods and processes of MBDA, and of national and international defence agencies. This insight will be transferable to a variety of engineering opportunities across MBDA's full product range.
- Industry leading training and development, with mobility between roles and programmes actively supported.
We're a professional and committed team, large enough that you will be welcomed and supported, but small enough that you will be able to make a tangible difference daily. We'll support you to develop your career and will actively encourage mobility within the company, and you'll gain exposure to cross project communities of experts. The work you do will support a world leading product which delivers a key military capability to UK and export nation armed forces on MBDA UK's most profitable programme.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.