Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowLocation: Stevenage or Bristol
An opportunity has arisen within MBDA's Customer Support & Services (CSS) organisation for a Through Life Engineer to take charge of work packages associated with influencing product design for support and for developing cost-effective support solutions for our global customers. Working in an integrated project team environment during the product's design and development phase, you will be able to exploit your through-life support knowledge and capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills, to satisfy customers' support requirements and MBDA's support-related business objectives.
Working for the Project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager, you will act as a focus within project for progressing design for support objectives and the exploitation of new and existing technologies to facilitate through life support.
You will work alongside other functions such as Reliability, Human Factors, Training and Technical Authors.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- We are looking for a someone who can work in a team, who is motivated and has a willing and helpful attitude, and a calm professional manner when working in a dynamic design environment.
- You must be an experienced engineer with a track record in the application of Supportability Engineering techniques such as Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA), Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA and Life Cycle Cost (LCC) anaysis.
- You must have a sound knowledge of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) standards such as Def Stan 00-600 or ASD S3000L, with an understanding of the customer environment, structure and processes.
- We want you to have strong interpersonal and highly developed verbal and written communication skills for interacting with internal and external partners.
- A chance to influence the design of state of the art technologies to ensure the product is supportable when it is in service.
- An outstanding opportunity to work directly and jointly with the UK MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners.
- Working for a multinational organisation and potentially with export customers, there may be the opportunity to travel
- An excellent opportunity to develop your Supportability Engineering capabilities within a dynamic and challenging environment, and to develop a support solution in preparation for the delivery of an Asset Availability Service.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!