What to expect
Within Body Engineering, the Subframe and Engine bracket team is responsible for design, validation and release of Subframes and Engine brackets for Jaguar Land Rover products from initial concept to product launch.
As a CAD Design Engineer you will work within a design and development team, leading the design to deliver efficient components that meet performance targets and deliver robust Engineering sign off.
The role requires a high level of product design skill and detailed knowledge of steel and aluminium fabrications, high and low pressure aluminium die casting design and manufacturing processes.
* CAD design to meet functional and manufacturing process requirements
* Work with other design functions to deliver interface requirements and system level targets
* Work with stakeholders such as Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing, and Service to ensure compatibility
* Working on steel and aluminium fabrications, aluminium die castings, occasionally iron castings
* Continuous process improvement
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Catia V5 and V6 design capability
* Steel and aluminium fabrications design and manufacturing process knowledge
* Aluminium die casting design and manufacturing process knowledge
* Experience releasing CAD for production (TCe/3DX)
* Knowledge of structural component design
* Experience of component design to deliver performance attributes (durability, stiffness, NVH, weight, cost)
* Effective communication and team working skills
* Experience with AVA tools
* Experience with Optimisation tools
* Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level
* Knowledge of suspension and powertrain mounting
* Experience in component rig validation and interpreting data
* Experience in managing a varied workload across numerous programmes