What to expect
This role is a new position within the seat belt engineering team and will be responsible for leading the electronic integration of seat belt systems on to new vehicle programmes as well as supporting the creation of the core ‘Body of Knowledge' for electronic seat belt systems. The strategic vision for the department is that all engineers in the team will be mechatronic engineers being equally technically capable in both, the mechanical integration and electronic integration. The successful candidate will also play a role in knowledge sharing to help upskill a traditionally mechanical engineering focussed team, and in return will learn the mechanical aspects of seat belt system integration.
* Deliver the electrical integration of the seat belts to quality, cost and time, including releasing the software supplied by the seat belt suppliers
* Manage design verification test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
* Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation
* Provide input into new feature development
* Ensure all programme design solutions meet:Programme targets for cost and weight
* Legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification documentation
* Keep all Module documentation up to date including:Meeting minutes
* Foundation and Programme Design analysis documents
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of restraint electronics integration, including electric seat belt retractors
* A general understanding of vehicle networks, ECUs, electronics and software
* Engineering related Degree or relevant equivalent experience
* Previous experience of engineering project management within a technical environment, ideally encompassing the management of suppliers or other external organisations.
* Experience of Agile (Scrum) delivery methods
* Knowledge of Functional Safety and Cyber Security tools and processes.