What to expect
To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component needs be honed to perfection.
In this role you will support Vehicle Dynamics attribute development by creatively analysing and modelling large volumes of complex data. By drawing on your knowledge of vehicle dynamics theory, signal processing techniques, cutting-edge technologies and data science techniques you will gain insight into vehicle's dynamic performance and customer needs across many diverse use cases.
The insights gained will support new product and feature development, advance departmental operations, and contribute to a host of exciting new projects. As part of this, you will work with product teams and stakeholders to identify problem statements which can be solved using data science, machine learning and the automation of process
* Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract vehicle dynamics data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
* Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
* Keep up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
* Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work
* Establish new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data
* Evaluate new and emerging technologies
* Disseminate findings to Vehicle Dynamics and wider Chassis engineering organisation
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Proven experience using Python and Matlab.
* Practical experience with machine learning techniques.
* Significant experience with signal processing in engineering environment, data cleansing and pre-processing techniques.
* Working knowledge of vehicle dynamics theory.
* Experience with cloud computing/platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS).
* Knowledge and/or experience in data management and data governance best practice.
* Knowledge of Data Lake and Enterprise Data Warehouse principles
* Experience working and delivering projects using Agile development methodology.
* Experience using data exploration, visualisation packages e.g. Tableau