What to expect
Vehicle Dynamics, Suspension Systems, Compliant Mounts, Wheels and Tyres.
To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component needs be honed to perfection. This role will aim to enhance the customer experience through the design, development, measurement and balance of customer attributes for Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
The Dynamics PL is a pivotal member of the Dynamics team, being responsible for planning and ensuring delivery of every aspect of a vehicles Steering, Ride and Handling / Stability performance.
These vehicle attributes are developed utilising the skills of the whole Dynamics team and the Project Leader is responsible for co-ordinating this as well as managing, tracking and communicating the progress towards successful achievements of the targets. Provides recommendations to the business using Vehicle Dynamics evidence to allow the business to balance cost, weight and vehicle performance.
* Responsible for provision of physical and virtual test resources to complete the delivery plan
* Ensure Vehicle Dynamics requirements are cascaded and transacted in system and component teams
* Frequent reporting of status vs target of attribute KPIs
* Leading project delivery in terms of vehicle development plan and execution with test engineers
* Leading the development team to provide robust engineering solutions on time and to quality
* Highly motivated & goal-driven
* Support the Programme planning, management, and team meetings
* Ensure cross-functional requirements are integrated in to delivery teams
* Validate targets created in the strategy phase to ensure they can be delivered robustly
* Deliver engineering projects that improve customer quality and operational efficiency
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Proven ability to deliver complex projects involving multiple systems, facilities & resources.
* Strong working knowledge of AGILE methodologies.
* Experience of leading or influencing teams.
* A sound understanding of Vehicle Dynamics fundamentals (vehicle and system level) and Chassis tuneables.
* Previous experience of driving technical problems through to resolution employing a structured, data driven approach, e.g. through use of problem solving tools e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 8 Disciplines of problem solving,
Design of Experiments and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
* Subjective vehicle assessment capability of sufficient sensitivity to appreciate & communicate Vehicle Dynamics attribute issues to the wider team.
* Experience with the Product Owner role.