What to expect
As a Brakes hardware electronic engineer, you will be working in a team with responsibility for the end to end delivery for several brake related components such as: ABS modulator, ABS wheel speed sensors, throttle pedals, and other smaller electronic modules. The responsibilities for the electronic hardware engineer include but are not limited to: Design review of the electronic design, (circuit, PCB layout, EMC performance, thermal, MTBF, environmental, packaging on the vehicle), obsolesce, alternative components (due to shortages), taking the supplier through the intensive JLR internal circuit reviews, debugging EMC and hardware issues, electrical interfaces with other systems on the vehicle, working with the software, network architecture, and electrical harness teams to ensure a robust delivery of the product. Reviews of the supplies test reports, test procedures and compliance to the appropriate standards from design through to manufacturing and delivery.
The role will involve practical debugging on vehicles, electrical, network issues though the use of appropriate test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyser, network analysers and custom-made equipment. Using network tools to establish signalling failures in the electrical architecture. Working closely with the software, system and hardware in the loop ‘V' cycle testing to enable the electronic hardware to be tested.
* Delivery of electronic hardware to the required timings and gateways.
* Driving the vehicles with the development software to evaluate and debug issues to enable a road release onto public roads, working with the Vehicle Dynamics team and ADAS teams.
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
* Debugging and investigation of customer warranty issues
* Liaise with the HIL Steering system engineers, and diagnostic engineers to develop test cases.
* Working with the ODX/OTX engineers to design and develop structured diagnostic flows, and to test the diagnostic flows on the HIL rig
* Support software release engineers
* Support RFIs, RFQs, reviews of suppliers
* Support, mentor, and manage ‘C' grade engineers and apprentices
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Electronic Hardware Life cycle development and delivery: DC to 1 GHz
* Proven debugging electronic hardware and systems experience
* Electronic design tools
* Full Driving licence
* System Design
* Problem solving and fault debugging techniques
* Serial communication systems
* Project and delivery planning
* Communication and presentation skills
* PC Microsoft programmes
* Motivation to succeed
* A good working knowledge of product and system definition
* Management experience
* Delivery of complex systems to time and budget
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
* Previous experience within Automotive engineering departments
* Software coding C / Python
* Network analysers such as Vector or Intrepid tools
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.