What to expect
The role will be within the Chassis Motion Control Systems team, forming part of the Body/Chassis Engineering Department. The team develops software control systems supporting existing and future Chassis, Electrical and ADAS Motion Control features that enhance the driving experience and work towards a goal of autonomous driving.
This role is taking Product Owner responsibility for the delivery of current and next generation Active / Automated off road features. The role requires an understanding of feature delivery, project management, planning, agile methodology and system design. The role involves working within an agile squad to deliver an in-house control system, which uses multiple sensor and actuators to deliver a desired customer experience.
The team you will be working in has an overall system delivery responsibility for All Terrain Progress Control and future off road features. The team is responsible for the Design, implementation and testing of these features ensuring they meet Functional Safety and Cyber Security standards, maintain comprehensive requirements decks, interface specifications, test specification and other artefacts required in the implementation phase..
* Product ownership of an off road feature
* Work within a cross-functional team to ensure robust delivery of an off road features.
* Understands the key tasks in delivering a system
* Set squad priorities and backlog
* Develop and maintain a system development plan in line with system engineering best practices within an agile framework.
* Interface with other Squads, module leads, Feature Owners and management on system status
* Support the system Lead with various design and Functional Safety review.
* Manage defect and issue list ensuring efficient resolution to a high standard
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Development or a related subject.
* Experience of delivering a distributed system.
* Understand system engineering and the elements involved in delivery
* Experience of leading a team, identifying priorities and running meeting efficiently and effectively
* Ability to understand Technical issue and problem solving
* Experience in Project managing and planning complex system
* Understanding of Model Based software delivery for safety critical systems in accordance with a quality management process.
* Knowledge of Functional Safety and Cyber Security tools and processes.
* Understanding of 8D problem solving methodology
* An understanding of Chassis Control systems and their influence on vehicle dynamic behaviour.
* An understanding of network and software architectures.
* Experience of working in an Agile methodology
* Experience with following software applications; Jira DOORS, RTC, Visio, Rhapsody.
* An individual with a technical mind-set who uses data to make informed decisions.
* An Individual who is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
* An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
* A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
* A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas simply.