At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as well as providing wide range benefits.
Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ at Subsea 7.
Who are we looking for?
Due to our continued growth, Subsea 7 have an exciting permanent staff opportunity for a Principal Field Development Engineer within our Field Development Group based in our Westhill, Aberdeen office.
The Field Development Group (FDG) are responsible for managing and coordinating study activity throughout the early development stages including:
- Concept Screening and Feasibility studies
- Concept Select
- FEED / Design Competition
As a part of the Field Development Group, the Principal Field Development Engineer will be responsible for defining and developing Oil & Gas and New Energy systems, solutions, and offerings to meet our clients’ future needs. Subsea 7’s mission is to accelerate and de-risk infrastructure delivery through architecting partnerships and integrating solutions which reduce complex interfaces and combine complimentary offerings.
What do we offer?
- Career Development – As well as being able to offer a wide variety of projects to work on we have a dedicated personal development scheme and are committed to developing our engineers to allow them to progress their career through the organisation
- A Sustainable Future – Subsea 7 have been committed to the evolving energy sector for over 10 years. As the energy sector continues to evolve, Subsea 7 are playing a proactive role in developing emerging energy markets. These markets include decarbonising offshore oil and gas, floating wind, carbon capture and storage, hydrogen and decarbonising our own operations
- Flexible working – we offer a flexible working environment with hybrid working options available to any successful candidate.
What does the role involve?
Working closely with key stakeholders, the Principal Field Development Engineer will play an integral part in shaping and supporting the future direction of the Subsea 7 offering with responsibility for:
- Developing appropriate multidisciplinary deliverables to provide the correct level of System Definition for the development phase and to meet Client expectations.
- Deliver optimal solutions which reduce project costs and delivery uncertainty across the full Asset or System lifecycle. Coordinating input from:
- Flow Assurance & Central Engineering Discipline Teams
- IMR and Operations
- Defining the systems and solutions of our future Low Carbon Oil & Gas and Energy Transition portfolio in conjunction with our strategy team
- Delivery of technical and/or economic studies related to SURF, energy transition, and decarbonisation including system design, optimisation and economics
- Demonstrate a system perspective on decarbonisation by shaping our technology innovation & development at a system level through understanding the market needs & drivers, and driving the development of business cases for new solutions
- Working with our business development managers to engage our clients in Energy Transition areas to develop and drive forward our systems and solutions
- Supporting the development of our digital strategy for the early lifecycle phase through the development of our Front-End Planning tools
- Building relationships with key strategic partners to help leverage the value of our combined offering
What do you need to have?
- You will be degree qualified in a relevant discipline related to the subsea engineering environment.
- You will have proven SURF Field Development & Operations Experience within a similar level, with knowledge of Field Development and Operations at a systems level
- Proven ability of delivery of feasibility, conceptual studies, Pre-FEED & FEED SURF and Energy Transition Studies
- A background in client or consultant roles supporting early-stage field development and / or operations support activity. Some knowledge or experience of contractor / service company environments is desirable but not essential
- A knowledge of Energy Transition solutions including CCUS, Hydrogen and Renewables (Floating Wind)
- An understanding of customers’ Capital Value process, Capital Budgeting & Field Development value drivers
- You will be an effective communicator, comfortable supporting and liaising with clients and key stakeholders in various levels and disciplines both internally and externally, including teams such as Sales, Business Development, Strategy and Technology
- Able to identify overall solution value drivers & understand impact on solution selection
- Proven ability to promote & develop innovative solutions and appropriate technology to field development proposals
- The ability to clearly identify and articulate value proposition within a solution and the ability to promote & develop innovative solutions and appropriate technology to field development proposals
- Candidates would typically be expected to demonstrate a sound general ability across wide subject areas, comfortable working in a highly changeable environment typical of early phase development planning and able to demonstrate an ability to focus on value enhancing priorities