What to expect
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new systems and components or commodities within complex commodity group. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time. Whilst leading the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
* Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS) and/or iCreate.
* Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables.
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones.
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues.
* Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets.
* Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation.
* Provide input into new feature development.
* Ensure all programme design solutions meet:Programme targets for cost and weight.
* Legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification documentation.
* Crafted Quality and World Class Product Audit (WCPA) requirements.
* Keep all Module documentation up to date including:Lead Engineer Meeting minutes.
* Foundation and Programme Design analysis documents.
* Quality history and bill of design.
* Regulatory requirements & company standards.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment.
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
* Good working knowledge of engineering for injection moulding, plastic joining techniques and the ability to interrogate and identify issues or opportunities within a 3D workspace.
* Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of Catia V5/V6