MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Software Group Leader
(R09436 - Bristol)Salary:
£60-75,000 (depending on experience)Hybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 3 days per week onsite.The Opportunity
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems development looking for a highly capable and adaptable Software Group Leader to join our team in Bristol. You will be leading the delivery of weapon system software into both the UK and the wider, international MBDA product portfolio.
Lead and manage your group to deliver significant packages of work, ensuring the achievement of commitments and objectives, whilst continually maintaining quality of the products and the dedication and capability of your teams.
This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern systems. Working with people and technologies at the forefront of European weapon systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products for our customers.
Many of the methods and tools we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues, both within the UK and at our development sites in France and Italy.
What we're looking for from you:
- Ensuring efficient project and business delivery of work packages within the scope of responsibility
- Technical leadership and career development.
- Your teams are currently developing software in Rhapsody, DDS, and targeting; C++, C and Ada languages in virtualised and weapon system environments.
- Act as a role model to both the team and the wider organisation by pro-actively leading innovative approaches & technology development
- Championing the drive towards a more agile mind-set and continuous integration
- You will own the workload forecast, resourcing, recruitment and assignment.
What to expect:
- The experience and ability to lead a Software Group.
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing project teams to ensure effective staff development. In collaboration with related domains, you will develop our software engineering strategy and capability.
- The successful candidate will be capable of understanding and improving the complex systems under development and providing clear technical direction and clear and strong people skills.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.