We are Subsea 7, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry.
The same old thinking won’t meet our future energy needs. We’ll give you the freedom to challenge, think differently and innovate in everything you do.
Whether that’s exploring emerging technologies, developing smarter processes, or fostering new partnerships, if you’re ready to take on the challenge, you’ll be supported by like-minded experts in our field.
We want you to feel empowered to bring your real self to work, in a culture that celebrates and values diversity. Onshore or offshore, you’ll be in an environment where your wellbeing is supported, surrounded by people who respect your goals – so you can be the very best you can be.
We are proactively participating in renewables and emerging energy offshore today - delivering lower-carbon oil & gas now and advancing solutions for the future. The energy transition is going to be an incredible journey, and we’re looking for talent with the drive and passion to make it possible.
Since 2005 we have successfully run our Engineering Conversion Programme providing experienced Engineers from other industries with the opportunity to take existing skills and experience and develop them into a new career within the Subsea Energy Industry.
Through the programme many Engineers have established career opportunities with Subsea 7 including some who have become leaders within the organisation.
We are seeking candidates from a wide range of industries and backgrounds with demonstrable role relevant engineering experience, motivated to evolve their career into subsea engineering. Example industries include, but are not limited to: Civil Engineering, Armed Forces and Energy/Oil & Gas.
How do we do it?
The Conversion Programme is a tailored scheme that provides an introduction to subsea engineering generally, and Subsea 7 activities specifically. In addition, there will be visits to vessels and construction sites, plus attendance at the mandatory offshore survival training course.
There will then be assignment to a live project, with ongoing training, development and mentoring.
Joining as part of the programme, along with a number of other Engineers, the successful candidates will be fully supported every step of the way through structured development and mentoring as well as informally by colleagues within the business.
What is the role?
The Conversion Programme is aimed at recruiting Project Installation Engineers; Engineers who are responsible for the execution and delivery of a variety of projects within the business ranging from Inspection Repair and Maintenance to major EPIC (Engineering, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning) developments.
The role will be based at our Westhill office in Aberdeen, with the requirement to travel offshore to any of our UK and Global operations. As such, it is essential candidates attend and pass their offshore medical and survival course as part of this scheme.
Other periodic onshore travel will be required to visit client offices, fabrications sites etc.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop procedures for work to be carried out by onshore & offshore personnel.
- Review technical project documentation • Control / coordinate procurement, fabrication and installation activities.
- Prepare and manage onshore and offshore construction schedule • Compile fabrication and offshore construction "as-built" documentation packages.
- Be involved in hazard identification studies & risk assessments of tasks detailed in the procedures.
- Design, check and/or supervise the design of installation aids and other equipment required for use offshore. Carry out the supervision of this through to fabrication and delivery, ensuring compliance with the overall project quality plan and Subsea 7 processes.
- Assist with the mobilisation/demobilisation of the vessels; safety and technical aspects.
- Prepare and deliver project briefings/ toolbox talks to offshore construction teams to ensure all safety and quality issues, either from risk assessments or procedures, are passed to all personnel involved.
- Act as focal point for the resolution of technical issues raised during the offshore construction and inspection activities.
- Manage offshore engineering issues and third-party subcontractors.
- Manage the offshore construction schedule.
- Issue procedures & task plans ensuring that all relevant safety and quality issues are included.
- Review daily progress reports for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with compilation of "as-built" documentation
- Identify any deviations from procedures and manage the change through change control process.
- Assist the Offshore Manager with the management of third-party contractors confirming all technical & operational aspects of the contract are observed.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline or studying to complete in 2022.
- Established engineering experience welcomed from a wide range of industries and backgrounds including, but not limited to: Civil Engineering, Armed Forces and Energy/Oil and Gas.
- Pro-active with HSEQ and committed to working in an incident-free workplace.
- Demonstrates credibility and professionalism, operates with the highest standards of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels.
- A collaborative worker supportive of colleagues, able to engage with a range of key stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership of work tasks.
- An enthusiasm for self-learning and a desire to undertake and successfully deliver new challenges.
- Ability to adapt to changing workload and take a hands-on approach, as required.
- Pro-active with strong planning and organising skills and structured working methods.
- Ability to prioritise competing workloads, manage internal / external customer expectations and self-manage delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Numeric with an ability to work with detail and high accuracy.
- Solutions based, an analytical thinker with the ability to pro-actively identify effective solutions.
- Ability to travel to both onshore and offshore locations including overnight stays away from home.
Subsea 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment, employees can further enhance their work-life balance through our Remote Working Policy.