We need a dynamic hands-on leader for our design team to deliver exciting new technical solutions for mission critical applications. A full range of disciplines include electronics, software, electrical and mechanical.
STS Defence is an exciting, independent technology and engineering company based on the south coast, specialising in the defence and aerospace sectors. We have a long history of innovation in the design and delivery of new solutions to the most challenging of requirements. We are now starting the next stage of our growth journey as we build stronger system integration capabilities, and this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to help shape our future from the outset.
Example recent projects have varied from embedded AI software solutions on bespoke components for wearable decision aids used in extreme environments, through to 18m high configurable communications masts to be used on the next generation of Royal Navy warships. What remains common across all projects is the need to think innovatively and to be agile in delivery within a fast paced environment. The projects cover whole equipment solutions as well as sub-system design and development, taking concepts through into mature designs, as well as testing and validation.
The role reports to our Chief Technology Officer and is central to all company activities dealing with a wide range of different internal and external customers. This is also therefore a great opportunity to develop and learn new skills with mentoring and training a key part of the offer.
Given the sensitivity of much of this work, you must be a UK national and be willing to obtain security clearances.
Contact us to arrange a confidential discussion to find out more.
Why work at STS Defence?
- Opportunity to join an exciting, innovative technology and engineering company where our mission is to deliver solutions that make a difference
- Professional training programmes and year on year growth gives access to significant career development opportunities
- Great central location on the south coast with opportunities to travel
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible holiday scheme with 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays as standard and the option to purchase up to a further 5 days holiday each year
- Company pension scheme with above statutory employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Working hours that include a normal finish time of 1pm on Fridays
- Employee Assistance Programme- 24/7 Counselling Service
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts and additional benefits including a health plan and a tax free cycle scheme
- A service leaver friendly employer and signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant
- A recognised ‘Disability Confident’ employer