Test Engineering is the gatekeeper to the quality of our deliveries to our customers around the world. Our systems support Governments and Customers around the World in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. The test engineer has the opportunity to work across the system lifecycle from test definition to customer acceptance and can directly influence the outcome of our projects.
The role focuses on test automation of NetReveal web application using Java and internal Test Automation Framework. Join the team and you will have the opportunity to develop the core framework of a global platform in the government and banking sector. Your task will involve creating automation tests, analyzing test cases and working with an international team of developers, analysts and consultants.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Proven experience with JAVA programming
- Good user knowledge of tools such as Jenkins, Maven and GIT
- Experience of investigating root causes of functional issues and providing corrective actions
- Experience in testing web applications
- Upper intermediate English, minimum at B2 level (ability to clearly communicate with English speakers in the workplace)
Desirable competencies and experience
- Experience with automation testing within an Agile/Scrum team using Continuous Integration
- Experience in working with Selenium, JUnit and TestNG
- Using and interacting with Web Services / Databases
- Experience planning, estimating and designing functional test automation scripts
- Desire to support junior team members and share knowledge both within the projects members and the wider BAE test community
- Security Check (minimum) clearance or the ability to gain it
- Opportunity for travel, including international travel
- Flexible working options (project dependent)
- Competitive benefits package including pension, share incentives, private health care, multisport, lunch card etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.