Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
The Future Systems Head of Strike (UK) will be instrumental in shaping, securing and delivering key strategic programmes for MBDA's future weapons portfolio.
Working nationally and internationally, with MOD senior partners and across the MBDA organisation, you will technically champion future strike capabilities and their technologies, and support the business and industrial organisation to realise them through investment, partnering and delivery.
Your experience of missile and weapon engineering, skills in managing complexity and uncertainty and strength in effective communication will underpin your leadership.
The role reports to the Head of Area Protection and Strike in Future Systems, and provides significant opportunity to engage across the MBDA business, and to engage broadly with the UK Customer community.
This role encompasses a significant level of flexibility in Dynamic Working, and expects national and international travel.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Ownership and development of weapon system concepts for Mission1, Deep Strike and Antiship, and Mission 2, Tactical Strike from opportunity through to hand over to Programmes.
- Leading UK technical business for Missions 1 and Missions 2 in partnership with S&BD, through opportunity generation, bidding and contract delivery.
- Supporting the Mission 1 & Mission 2 Product Line Organisations and Strategy in securing elements of the capability and product roadmaps through investment planning, delivery and securing senior management decisions.
- Developing and maintaining relevant Customer and Industry partner relationships to gain support for MBDA initiatives and for partnering.
- Contributing to Mission 1 and Mission 2 FSBR along with FR and IT counterparts.
- Structuring the Group IRAD work on Mission 1 and Mission 2 with FR and IT counterparts.
The Role Also Expects:
- Technical understanding of strike missile technologies, performance/cost time trades and weapon system performance.
- Knowledge and insight of future land, sea and air strike operational needs and expectations.
- Ability to synthesise complex and demanding challenges into achievable activities.
- Influencing and negotiating skills to achieve affordability, credibility and deliverability.
- Understanding of MBDA business practices in support of oToCoQ.
- Understanding and experience of constructive international working.
- Coordination across Future Systems and Engineering functions to elicit opportunities, gain efficient R&T planning and embed best practice in support of future Strike activities.
- Management of the Strike UK business through financial, delivery and resource planning and controls, supported by B&PM, Finance, Commercial and Project Control.
- Development of the Future Systems Strike delivery team in line with the business needs, through career development, people management, recruitment and skills forecasting.
What's in it for you?
- Able to ‘see the big picture' and establish a strategic approach.
- Comfortable with complexity and embracing change.
- Open to new ideas and new information, adaptable to what ‘good looks like' and challenge where appropriate.
- Effective communication with individuals across all levels of the business and customer community.
- Looking for international development opportunities
- As a key member of Future Systems, recognition for establishing MBDA's future products.
- Be part of securing significant capability for our UK and European customers.
- Significant individual opportunity to shape the role as it and your career path evolve.
- The outcomes you deliver will directly influence MBDA's future through Vision 2040
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK)!Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!