What to expect
Management of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve the delivery of glass house, roofs and wash wipe up to Program Strategy gateway for multiple vehicle lines or architecture. This includes hardware, system, and software engineering, pre sourcing and delivery of early component feasibility for vehicle programs meeting all defined targets on cost, quality and time. This role will hold overall accountability for the set up of all process activities and headcount to the Programme PDL.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the early design, development plans, testing plans and introduction of new glass house, interior mirror, roof and wash wipe systems. Operating in a cross-functional organisation working with agile, Module Leaders / Technical area Leads will report into the Functional Senior Manager for glass house roofs and wash wipe and will need to interact with both the core engineering organisation and the program teams to support the technical delivery of the projects up to PS (Program Strategy).
* Set up and submit initial TFLE budgets for new programmes and submit through JLR process.
* Set up headcount frameworks for the GHR&W commodity set for new programmes in consultation with group leaders
* Maintain department headcount plans for future and ongoing programmes
* Engage in and support pre development activities on new or modified technology
* Manage programme specific resources and activities to ensure delivery of the targets specifically for quality, cost and time
* Manage a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate concepts, features and alternatives and develop production ready concepts.
* Co-ordinate a cross-functional team to ensure robust delivery to PS. Lead the team through the engineering
* Validate and contribute to setting targets created in the strategy phase to ensure they can be delivered robustly
* Manage relationships with internal and external suppliers and senior stakeholders. Manage conflict and negotiate between parties, where required, to maintain engagement whilst delivering against plan
* Draft test plans as required and ensure cross-functional requirements are integrated in module development
* Manage project cadence and ensure transparent communication and escalation.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Detailed knowledge of at least 2 commodities in the glazing, IRVM, roof and wash wipe system set.
* Experience of delivering and developing technical products through the management of a cross-functional teams
* Previous experience in the delivering technical products both in physical and system engineering
* Experience of project and/ or programme management
* Experience of leading operational multi-skilled teams with the ability to set operational and strategic direction
* Excellent business behaviours - must be able to Lead by example being a role model for the team.
* Demonstrable engineering development knowledge with component design and manufacturing techniques such as metal forming, injection moulding, pressings, glass manufacture.
* An excellent working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
* Experience of budget and target management
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Proven ability to build and manage multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments
* Previous experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry
* Experience of module team delivery
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills