Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
This is an influential role, helping to shape the future of the UK Complex Weapons portfolio. You will be responsible for managing technical studies and experiments that will cover exciting new Complex Weapon capabilities and technical innovations at an early stage in their conception.
The role will involve engaging with partners across multi-disciplinary teams within MBDA and also with the UK MOD customer community. You will help understand customer capability concerns in the domain of Complex Weapons and help to tailor technical studies and experiments to address these concerns.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful conduct of multiple parallel technical studies under multi-million pound contracts from the UK MOD and occasionally also tasked from elsewhere within the MBDA Group of companies.
The holder of this role will ensure that studies focus on and deliver against specific MOD business case evidence needs and managing partner inputs along the way to ensure a collective agreement to the results.
The role requires the employment of elements of project management and also building up of a technical appreciation necessary to proactively influence the technical direction studies are taking.Candidates with the following experience are sought;
What we're looking for
- Technical understanding of weapon systems, or similar high complexity industry products, ideally defence industry related. Familiarity with the UK MOD acquisition process or UK MOD/ HMG Treasury guidelines for business cases would be advantageous.
- Scoping / planning packages of technical work and managing risk.
- Track record of managing / overseeing multiple parallel large (£1m+) packages of technical work versus success criteria.
- Working as part of a team and liaising with others at all levels throughout a large company; both technical and non-technical people.
- A dynamic and proactive individual able to ensure the technical direction of multiple parallel studies across multi-disciplinary teams, guiding and managing the studies, taking decisive action when an intervention is necessary.
- Must be able to cope with uncertainty, scoping work plans with limited initial information available and then refining through iterations over time.
- Ability to influence others, including at senior MOD/ Military levels. Good soft people skills.
- Ability to manage partner involvement and expectation in complex multi-dimensional studies and experiments.
- Comfortable with owning the responsibility of making many of the project management decisions on a multi-million pound contract and being accountable for the contract success criteria.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- A role that allows you to employ aspects of both technical and project management, in a dynamic complex environment.
- Operate at the early stage of new concept and technology exploration - seeing new ideas emerge and grow.
- Influence the direction of UK Complex Weapon research & development.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of partners from right across the UK MOD and the UK military, building up a good understanding of how the UK MOD and UK military operate along the way.
- Contribute to solving UK MOD capability concerns in the domain of Complex Weapons.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK)!Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!