Role - Senior Quality Manager - Projects
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £54,250 - £85,750 (Dependant on skills and experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
The role holder is the Senior Quality Manager for Projects or Capital working as a partner to the Project Managers and is responsible for delivering the defined Quality vision and strategy for the Project or Capital areas in line with the overall Quality plan.
To be considered for this role you will have some of the following skills and experience:
- Delivering the defined Quality vision and strategy for the Project in line with the overall Quality plan.
- Alignment of Quality activities within project areas with the overall Quality strategy and policy, ensuring appropriate governance is in place in the projects to comply with business requirements.
- Through strategic partnering with the Programme/Project Leads, ensure the internal 'voice of the customer' and business requirements are managed, communicated, and fully understood by all Quality resource working to deliver the project requirements, promoting collaborative problem solving where appropriate.
- Leadership accountabilities -fed by blueprint for Mid-Level leader.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification within chemical or mechanical engineering and/or experience.
- Training in key ISO standards.
- Training in the use of lean and six sigma techniques and/or other related problem solving and improvement tools.
- Ability to provide strategic and tactical insight depending on the needs of the business
- Tools to deliver superior performance in a manner that achieves commitment and buy-in.
- Well-developed influencing and stakeholder and relationship management skills, and collaborative working with a broad cross section of customers, suppliers, leaders and managers.
- Significant experience of process management and working in quality management, implementing quality and process management systems.
- Experience of leading service delivery
- Experience in construction
- Experience of leading successful change and transformation.
- Significant experience in Problem solving and Continuous improvement.
- Experience of reviewing and auditing process, programmes, and projects.