Defines and resolves complex data collection, data integration, data storage and data access challenges to place key insights in the hands of decision makers at all levels of the organisation. The Enterprise Data Architect specialises in helping clients with cross-cutting programmes where a holistic view of the organisation is important, but can also direct and shape particular solutions where the data aspects are a critical success factor.
The appropriate candidate will ideally have experience of working with engineering data on large data platforms across multiple applications.
Experience of using and extending Open Architecture Patterns would also be desirable
The candidate must have strong team leadership skills and be capable of engaging with a range of (sometimes) very senior stakeholders, distilling the findings and requirements into actionable tasks; assigning said tasks to the teams in such a way which build towards the required deliverable. There is significant opportunity for growth within this role due to the complexity and breadth of the task; encompassing solution and integration architecture alongside the data architecture design.
Candidate will be expected to operate with and present to very senior stakeholders within the Defence client group and Industry. As well as strong liaisons with the internal platform teams.
Key Skills/Project Tasks:
- Lead a multi-disciplined team of Data-specialists in developing a new sensor data standard and socialising result with appropriate stakeholders in industry and govt.
- Strong Presentation and stakeholder engagement skills
- Works with minimal-to-no supervision on large and complex projects.
- Sets strategies for effective use of database and persistence technologies taking account of the complex interrelations between hardware/software.
- Self-driven and is enable to navigate a complex technical and commercial landscape.
- Canvas and understand legacy systems and data standards whilst maintaining a focus on key deliverables.
- Leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, regulatory, legal, safety-related, national and international) are identified and adhered to.
- Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components working with Enterprise/Solution Architects as required. Co-ordinates design activities and good engineering practice e.g. based on Architecture Engineering Quick Start, promoting these disciplines to ensure quality and consistency.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.). Ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly, consulting with technical experts as required.
- Experience in drafting high and low level designs and progression through governance/assurance.
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to Maritime use-cases, concept of operations, Engineering and manufacturing management
- Exposure to Kafka, Hadoop stack, nifi, realtime streaming architectures, linux development, agile methods
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.