Look forward to a net zero carbon future.
As the Offshore Engineering Group Lead, you’ll play a pivotal role in the development of Low Carbon energy. We've been in the wind industry since its inception and have extensive experience in delivering projects including feasibility studies, concept, FEED and detailed WTG and OSP design, assets management and life extension, which makes us one of the most respected leaders globally.
We're looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to take on the Group Lead role within the Net Zero Energy Business, working to build our capability, recruit, win and deliver fantastic projects for our key clients. We are investing significantly in Offshore Engineering and are looking for an engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit, technical skills and leadership experience to inspire and promote growth in this market.
Do you possess exceptional leadership and technical skills and are eager to work on exciting projects that will help us achieve Net Zero Carbon? If yes, we want to hear from you.
You will work in the Atkins Net Zero Energy Business as our Offshore Engineering Group Lead, alongside our Offshore & Renewables Market Lead and our other Group Leads. In this role, you will develop and grow our Offshore Engineering team, further developing our engineering tools and processes, and support with recruitment and bidding and deliver great work for our key clients.
Your main focus will be in:
- Building our offshore engineering expertise through technical investment tasks, recruitment and through winning and delivering excellent work within the offshore engineering sector.
- Supporting the development and delivery of the sector strategy and roadmap.
- Managing client stakeholders directly or contributing to the plans owned by our Key Account Managers.
- Being accountable for delivery of the portfolio of project and services within Offshore Engineering.
- Managing the delivery of the portfolio of proposals within Offshore Engineering.
- Identifying resourcing requirements within the Offshore Engineering sector (projects & pipeline).
- Identifying capability and competency requirements to deliver in the Offshore Engineering sector strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the pipeline and delivery of works within Offshore Engineering.
- Achieving the progress of overall strategy, deliver critical roles in key projects or for key clients.
- Managing resource requirements with the Group Leads on an ongoing basis.
- Providing input to business operations on short, medium and long-term resourcing requirements.
- Working closely with counterpart sector leads to deliver the overall strategy of the business.
What you can bring?
- You will bring knowledge, experience and expertise in the applicable sector and be able to articulate and communicate the challenges, opportunities and risks facing the sector through the Net Zero energy transition.
- Energy, enthusiasm and collaborative behaviours will be essential to this role. You will be working closely with the NZEB lead team to drive the growth of our business and deliver our strategy.
- We only succeed if we do this together and your ability to drive success in your own sector as well as support the progress of others will be valuable.
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. We are here to help achieve a Net Zero target by 2050. We hope to do this with a mix of secure and sustainable energies. Powering our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Why work with Atkins?
You’ll be part of creating the right, safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds and energy efficiency. We value diversity and believe everyone deserves to thrive. We're Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners and actively encourage more women in senior roles. In the energy sector, we've signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Read more about our Vision for Women.
Meeting your needs:
We offer every colleague the ‘Total Reward’, an individually-tailored compensation and benefits package. Including flexible holidays, life assurance, health & wellbeing, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
If you identify as having a disability, please tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at the interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested in discussing how we can accommodate individual requirements. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.