Look forward to a net zero carbon future.
As one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies, we believe Atkins has a compelling and substantial role in advising, challenging, developing and implementing CCS projects.
Our Net Zero business was created to focus on Net Zero and the deployment of CCS and hydrogen.
We support our clients across the project lifecycle, and we are growing our team in order to deliver a variety of exciting, cutting edge projects.
You will work with us in a senior position as a Hydrogen Principal Engineer within our Net Zero Energy business based in Epsom, Leeds, Birmingham or Glasgow. This role will also actively support our projects in the Middle East Region which can be done from our UK locations. However the opportunity to support these projects from our Middle East offices also exists should this be of interest. You will be focussed on the delivery of projects in hydrogen production, storage and use.
Your main focus will be:
- Strategic advisory
- Concept development
- Technology assessment and selection
Key responsibilities include:
Developing and maintaining relationships with our clients.
Supporting the development of Hydrogen opportunities on behalf of the net zero energy business working with the business leadership to convert these opportunities into productive work. Therefore, you can be expected to support client engagement activities and proposal development.
Lead the technical delivery of complex and technically challenging Hydrogen projects across our key markets. This may be in the role of an engineering lead or technical subject matter expert.
Provide technical and project support to teams delivering to key Atkins clients.
The ever-changing conditions of the industry means we need individuals who can adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments. Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths as we continue our growth into existing and exciting emerging markets.
What you can bring?
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and support delivery of strategic work initiatives.
- Help support and shape the development of our future business.
Essential Requirements -
- A degree qualification (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline or a related discipline.
- Be a Chartered Engineer.
- Experience in hydrogen technologies including hydrogen production via electrolysis or reforming.
- Experience delivering complex projects.
- Experience across the project lifecycle from concept, through FEED and implementation.
- A proven track record of winning work delivering complex technical solutions in challenging timescales.
- Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Willingness to travel to clients' sites.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
Desirable Criteria -
- Experience in hydrogen use for production of ammonia or hydrocarbon products.
- Experience in regulatory and technical due diligence (vendor or buyer side) of transmission and distribution network assets.
- Experience in business plan submissions for regulated utilities and/or innovation project developments.
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. We are here to help achieve a Net Zero target by 2050. We hope to do this with a mix of secure and sustainable energies. Powering our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Why work with Atkins?
You’ll be part of creating the right, safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds and energy efficiency. We value diversity and believe everyone deserves to thrive. We're Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners and actively encourage more women in senior roles. In the energy sector, we've signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Read more about our Vision for Women.
Meeting your needs:
We offer every colleague the ‘Total Reward’, an individually-tailored compensation and benefits package. Including flexible holidays, life assurance, health & wellbeing, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
If you identify as having a disability, please tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at the interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested in discussing how we can accommodate individual requirements. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.