At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence we produce state-of-the-art electronic products which are critical for the safety of our society and the protection of industry in the UK and across the globe. A rigorous manufacturing framework underpins these products, ensuring that deliveries to our customers are of consistently high quality, and ensuring our products are resilient throughout their service life.
The Engineering team, part of legacy AI, are focussed on creating or updating features within a single product set but with deliveries often to multiple projects, and this role will be a key interface between the engineering team and other Project Managers. The Engineering team’s assignments are controlled using Scrum techniques with tasking and monitoring performed using Atlassian – Jira and EazyBi, with some use of MS Project for scheduling still in use.
We are looking for a highly organised, motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual to join this team and to help us continuously improve delivery performance and develop the capability of the team
Being surrounded by our highly-skilled engineering and management community, you will be mentored and receive all the training you require to perform your role successfully, through a combination of on the job or via formal training. You will have the opportunity to gain professional registration, and will be given real responsibility from day one.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to our success. We are proud to have a culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, candidates must be willing to undergo a UK security vetting procedure.
- Maximising delivery performance in terms of schedule, cost and quality. Accountable for delivering significant revenues to the business
- Forecasting resource requirements, highlighting shortfalls and influencing key decision makers to ensure that requirements are met
- Ensuring product manufacturability is maintained; refers issues to TA (Technical Authority), maintains test hardware, ensures configuration is up-to-date, identifies long-term issues and proposes solutions
- Clear and accurate reporting of project status, especially around finances and schedule
- Tracking of stock holdings, component availability and lead-times
- Finding opportunities for cost, quality and lead-time improvements and making sure these are carried out
- Assisting in transition of new products into Production
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.