It’s a great opportunity…..but why?
Would you like a mix of home working, office and on site through a hybrid or flexible working approach? Be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for safety on significant new ventures and business opportunities. Work on a broad range of safety issues on the high voltage electricity network in England and Wales. That includes c.4,500 miles of overhead line, about 900 miles of underground cable and more than 300 substations.
In order to support the delivery and implementation of our safety strategy a key part of your role will be to coach, train and support colleagues across the National Grid Electricity Transmission business. Proactively supporting the drive on safety performance whilst ensuring compliance with safety legislation across all activities.
You will play a significant role in supporting multiple operational sites with travel across England and Wales. You’ll support and influence operational first line leaders and business managers to take full accountability for safety leadership, take the lead on various safety projects to drive continuous improvement, and provide expert advice on operational safety.
What you’ll need
• HNC, HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
• Demonstrable knowledge of SHE legislation, procedures and their application
• Knowledge and experience of safety management systems
• Broad experience in High Voltage (HV) substations or Overhead Line (OHL) environment
• Understanding and experience of electricity safety related risks and knowledge of incident investigation
• Minimum NEBOSH Certificate with willingness to work towards NEBOSH Diploma
• Excellent interpersonal skills, stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
• Current full driving licence
• Environmental Awareness – preferably with IEMA Certificate or equivalent
• Member of appropriate professional body
• NEBOSH Diploma
What we can offer
• A competitive salary of £45,000 - £56,000 pa + Benefits Package
• 25 days annual leave plus eight statutory days
• Option to buy/sell holiday days
• Company car (job requirement)
• Generous contributory pension scheme – we’ll double-match your contribution to a max company contribution of 12%, overall 18%.
• Financial support for study relevant to your role
• Flexible benefits: share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes
• Family benefits like back-up care service (six paid days yearly + option to purchase more)
• Access to apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing