Senior Engineer – Design Quality
- Northern Powergrid
- Multiple locations
- £62,828 to £73,237 (dependent on experience)
- Closing date
- 15 Aug 2022
- Design, Quality
- Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
Do you have what it takes to play a key role in shaping the electricity distribution network of the future and be at the heart of achieving net zero?
We are Northern Powergrid, and we are responsible for powering everyday life for 8 million people across the North East, Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire. We are a diverse team, creating a smarter, more flexible electricity distribution network that will enable our region to decarbonise and meet the needs of our customers now, and in the future.
The Connections Design Team’s vision is to design connections solutions to directly enable our customers and region’s journey to net zero and wider economic growth.
This is an exciting opportunity at a time of significant and fascinating change within the energy sector. As a Senior Engineer responsible for Design Quality, you will play an integral role.
What will you do?
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand and manage change within System Design
• Develop and maintain local working procedures to be used by internal colleagues and external stakeholders
• Work with the Head of Regulatory Compliance to investigate any potential compliance issues, identified as part of a monthly report
• Identify and resolve any process issues or individual training and mentoring requirements
• Undertake periodic audits of design schemes and develop any necessary actions plans
• Act as a lead technical advisor to the Design Team Managers and the System Design Manager
• Produce companywide briefs for all design related issues where required
• Resolve delivery issues with the field operations teams
What’s the package?
Along with a competitive salary of £62,828 to £73,237 (dependent on experience), we also offer great benefits such as:
• Enrolment into our double-matched pension scheme
• 25 days holiday (rising with service) plus bank holidays
• Car allowance / company car scheme
• Payment of professional fees
• Bonus scheme
• Excellent opportunities for career growth
Does this sound like you?
• Team working is essential in this role to develop and implement new solutions and power system policy. You will be part of a high-performing team, leading change
• Confident decision-making skills
• Excellent technical knowledge, which combined with your broader knowledge of the wider industry will ensure our network develops and supports decarbonisation in a smarter, more flexible way
• Problem solving is a must when faced with the scale and pace of change facing us, not to mention the number of exciting challenges and level of innovation required
• Deliver quality outputs to required deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders from across the business and wider industry
• Embrace change in order to assist with the development of policies and processes for the continuing changes experienced within the connections business What qualifications and experience should you have?
• Level 5 or 6 (HND, degree, or equivalent) in STEM subject, or a level 4 qualification (e.g., HNC) with at least five years of relevant experience
• Understanding of power system design and operation
• Knowledge of electrical distribution equipment
• Working towards or achieved Chartered Engineer status is desirable • Full driving licence
Click on the Apply button if you think you’re right for this fantastic career or any of the others available right now; and we will be in touch.
Closing date for applications: 15 Aug 2022
Assessments and interviews: completed by 16 September
If we identify that your skills and experience could be suitable for any other roles that we are currently recruiting for, we will put you forward for these opportunities too.
Powering our Lives...
We're the people who manage the electricity network that powers everyday life for more than 8 million people across 3.9 million homes and businesses in the North East, Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire.
Put simply, we make sure the electricity you buy from your chosen energy supplier gets to you safely, whenever you need it. And, if your power ever gets interrupted, for whatever reason, be it severe weather or emergency maintenance, we’ll be there to fix it - giving 100% day and night, rain and shine, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Delivering safe, reliable electricity is at the heart of what we do and we're proud to play an essential role in powering everyday life for the customers, homes, businesses and economies we serve.
In an evolving energy industry, we also have a key role in creating and managing future energy systems that increasingly interact with our customers and smart and low carbon technologies. That why we're innovating and investing today so we're ready for the demands of tomorrow.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert