Role - Senior Manager Environment Specialists (Operational and Project Support)
This is an exciting time for AWE as we look for environmentalists to support both our operational facilities and project activities as we develop and enhance ongoing site capability. The roles, cover all activities and services that fall within the scope of the Environmental Management System and Integrated Process Delivery Maps, covering the whole project/ facility lifecycle, from project development, operations through to decommissioning.
You will have an established career within Environment with the view to continue and progress with your career with a unique, challenging, and exciting organisation. In return AWE offer an excellent renumeration package, work life balance and the opportunity to work with a variation of projects with other subject matter experts within the industry.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £50,000-£78,000 per annum (dependent on skills and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
As the Senior Manager Environmental Specialists, you will lead and manage tasks to meet business and personal objectives as part of a multi-functional team.
- Act as the 'intelligent customer' for environmental issues for specific areas across the management hierarchy.
- Promote the sustainability vision, embed into every day working and win the hearts and minds of AWE personnel.
- Produce timely and accurate environmental specialist advice, as a subject matter expert to ensure compliance and improve environmental performance.
- Derive and analyse environmental performance metrics.
- Manage / undertake walkthroughs inspections, audits and investigations.
- Seek opportunities for improvements and to learn from experience.
- Develop and proactively manage the interface/relationship with all internal and external regulators/stakeholders.
- Manage / produce technical documents/ requirements in support of the Environmental Management System (EMS) and ensure compliance with relevant permit requirements.