“I’m proud to directly impact and improve the quality of our waterways” – Eva, Asset Performance Analyst
About Southern Water
As a private utility company, we’re always looking ahead, trying new things and searching for better and smarter ways to keep improving what we do. Each day, over 2,000 of us work together to provide Water for Life to our 4.6 million customers.
Who we are
We’re one of the largest water and wastewater companies in the South East of England. With over 2,000 employees, we’re a large and complex organisation. We carry out high profile projects and perform unseen innovation. And we offer wide and varied career opportunities.
We are the thinkers and the doers. The problem solvers and the strategists. The engineers and the educators. The accountants and the administrators. We work hard. We aim high. We care. We create. We rise to every challenge, and we become the best we can be.
Together we’re proud to create a resilient future for water in the South East. We know that the work we do today will make for a better tomorrow. And that our ideas and innovation have the power to sustain and transform our local communities, wider society, and the entire world around us.
Why work for us?
Because we’re going places and, with us, you could go places too.
We’re learning from the past and looking to the future. We’re constantly evolving, improving, and progressing. And we want all our people to do so too.
You’ll have the chance to drive your own success. To feel empowered, engaged and enabled. To own what you do and understand the impact you can make on your career, the world around you and Water for Life.
What we offer
A culture that welcomes, recognises and values everybody’s difference and ensures that all of our people feel they belong and that we can succeed together. Plus a generous pay and benefits package that includes:
- Ongoing support for training and development
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to twice your annual salary
- Private healthcare
- Two paid community volunteering days a year
- 25 days annual holiday
- Occupational health service
- Lifestyle discount scheme offering savings on shopping, entertainment and travel
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- Competitive maternity leave and return to work options
- Hybrid working conditions
Living in the South East
If you’re familiar with our region already, then you’ll know just how beautiful it is. If you’re not and considering relocating, then you’re in for a lovely surprise.
We have lots to offer you:
- Two National Parks, five Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a heritage coast and two UNESCO world-heritage biosphere reserves
- 83 designated bathing waters – with 62 currently classified as excellent
- 350+ Sites of Specific Scientific Interest; 38 Special Areas of Conservation; 17 Special Protection Areas and 13 Ramsar sites – these are wetland areas of international importance under the UNESCO Ramsar Convention, 1971
- Vibrant leisure destinations including Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton
- Heritage destinations including Canterbury, Arundel, Hastings, Winchester and Chichester
- Fantastic transport links across the region and to major airports and ferry terminals
Dive right in to a career with Southern Water