- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- London, Gloucester, Leeds
- Closing date
- 16 Aug 2022
- Business & Finance, Systems, Other
- Computing & IT, Defence, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
We are looking to recruit Cyber Security Consultants to join our growing, vibrant community of security professionals based on client sites across the UK, including London, Leeds, and Bristol. You will work at the core of our customers’ mission to defend themselves from cyber attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls.
Our customers span across all sectors; from those of critical national importance to greenfield start-ups, offering a variety of exciting challenges and environments to work in. We pride ourselves in our people being smart. We make a difference by embracing challenges, using the best technology we create sophisticated solutions that our customers trust.
Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers’ business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise across the spectrum of strategic advisory through to secure solution design.
We are looking for candidates across a range of experience levels and skillsets. You will learn and develop in the role working closely with our experienced team, with clear pathways defined for your career progression in the organisation.
Working on client sites you will support and grow to lead engagements that deliver cyber risk assessments, improve control maturity, define secure solutions and ensure compliance. You will deliver these engagements across clients in financial services, transport, energy, telecommunications, health, legal, defence and central Government. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Delivery of small to medium cyber security work-streams or engagements
· Understanding business and information risk context of our customers and judging risk at a technical and business process level
· Reviewing effectiveness of controls and proposing proportionate security improvements
· Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
· Working and collaborating with account teams to identify new opportunities for work and support the production of quality proposals
Essential Skills and Experience Required
· A passion for and understanding of cyber security trends and threats
· Experience in a consulting environment
· Effective business acumen and an understanding of the cyber security challenges faced by organisations
· Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
· Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and concurrently manage both customer and BAE Systems expectations
Desired Skills and Experience Required
· Demonstrable experience of identifying security risk and familiarity with common control frameworks, defining and delivering security transformation programmes – from business cases through to technical implementation, and/or designing and delivering security operations capabilities and processes.
· Experience with relevant toolsets, including security capabilities within Azure and AWS, Splunk Enterprise Security, cloud identity providers (AAD, AWS IAM, Goggle Cloud Identity) as well as broader IT technology such as single sign-on tools (eg Ping, Okta), Jira, ServiceNow and serverless technologies.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert