As we move into an exciting phase in our programme, we have opportunities for Quality Engineers at the start of their careers to join AWE and support our vital role in 'keeping the Nation safe'.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £27,000-£28,000 per annum plus benefits
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours.
You will work towards becoming a key member of the Quality Function of the future, bringing new ideas and innovation, whilst maintaining the robust standards, policies, processes and procedures and compliance to our licence conditions. Working towards membership of the CQI on a planned career path you will ensure that the ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System, policies, and procedures are adhered to.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have some of the following skills and experience:
- HNC/HND in an engineering or science field.
- Experience in planning and managing multiple workloads.
- Experience in providing reports and data analysis in supporting performance.
- Experience in the application of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in planning / undertaking data review.
- Computer and numerate literate.
- Ability to develop internal and external working relationships.
- To act as a customer focal point / interface for the relative business area of the quality function.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise based on importance.
- Ability to process data accurately.
- Ability to work with cross functional staff and external/internal stakeholders.
- Desirable - A degree in an engineering or science field. Associate membership of a professional body or working towards it.