Industrial Engineer (Manufacturing Industrialisation)
Based in Horsham, West Sussex
Who are we?
Ceres is a fuel cell technology and engineering company developing fuel cell technology. Working with world-leading partners to embed our SteelCell™ technology in mass-market energy products for the commercial, residential and transportation markets.
Our world-leading, fuel-flexible SteelCell™ can generate power from conventional fuels like natural gas and from sustainable fuels like biogas, ethanol or hydrogen at very high efficiency.
Made from mass-market and widely available materials, the SteelCell™ is inherently cost-effective, robust and scalable. It is an ideal technology to tackle air pollution and climate change as it significantly lowers carbon emissions and pollutants, lowers running costs and can enable renewables.
Purpose of the role
Utilising interdisciplinary industrial engineering principles, the Industrial Engineer focuses on developing and industrialising Ceres’ products and processes. Working closely with manufacturing partners they will develop and implement new solutions and technologies scaling from prototype leading to high volume manufacture.
You will work with stakeholders to research and identify new processes or technologies that will reduce the overall factory costs and supporting Manufacturing Partners Industrialisation activities, in addition you will be involved in developing layout plans including material flow plans and Value Steam Mapping as well as implementing new equipment or processes.
There will be full involvement in improving equipment to run processes more efficiently while keeping up to date on technology and products as well as assisting the development of virtual factory and simulation capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
- BSc or HND in Engineering
- Mechanical, Electrical hands-on skill set
- Experienced in procuring special purpose production equipment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Factory Cost Modelling
- Lean Manufacturing
- Willing to travel abroad (long-haul) for several weeks at a time
Highly desired experience and attributes
- Technology transfer
- Virtual Factory and simulation experience
- Factory Cost Modelling experience
- Application of Six Sigma techniques to production processes
- In process QA and End of Line Testing
Internal & External Relationships
- Manufacturing and Production Engineering: Assisting teams sourcing equipment, improving process and supporting production.
- R&D: Understand process, its relationship to the equipment and improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary, together with a benefits package including excellent contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, life insurance and share save scheme.
Please send a full CV detailing relevant experience together with details of current remuneration package via the Apply now button or send to Ceres Power Ltd, Viking House, Foundry Lane, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 5PX