Industrial Engineer (Digitisation)
Based in Horsham, West Sussex
Who are we?
Ceres is a fuel cell technology and engineering company developing fuel cell technology. Working with world-leading partners to embed our SteelCell™ technology in mass-market energy products for the commercial, residential and transportation markets.
Our world-leading, fuel-flexible SteelCell™ can generate power from conventional fuels like natural gas and from sustainable fuels like biogas, ethanol or hydrogen at very high efficiency.
Made from mass-market and widely available materials, the SteelCell™ is inherently cost-effective, robust and scalable. It is an ideal technology to tackle air pollution and climate change as it significantly lowers carbon emissions and pollutants, lowers running costs and can enable renewables.
Purpose of the Job
Industrial Engineering focused on developing the digitalisation of manufacturing at Ceres. Working closely with Cell, Stack, Production and Business Systems teams.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure a range of stakeholder requirements are met when delivering new and innovative industry 4.0 solutions to Ceres. You will also be required to identify opportunities for Lean improvements, propose solutions utilising your knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma and digitisation and lead those initiatives through to delivery to Ceres.
Working with stakeholders to develop and deliver Technology Transfer plans and successfully process scale-up, secure stakeholder-buy-in and building ad-hoc teams to facilitate successful transfer.
You will be responsible for achieving project milestones and deliverables to agreed timelines and budgets along with supporting, mentoring and training junior team members.
Amongst other tasks you will also be involved with
- Providing technical support and training of partner manufacturing personnel
- Technical oversight of documentation, reports and confidential information provided to OEM partners
- Delivery and risk: Working with programme management to ensure technical and delivery risks are effectively managed
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Degree qualified
- Experience of leading I4.0 and smart manufacturing activities in similar production environments
- Understanding of the importance of good Data Science, Machine Learning and AI in modern production environments
- Strong experience / knowledge of using Lean/ Six Sigma techniques to production processes and process improvement to improve production quality and efficiency
- Proficient with Minitab (or similar tool) for data statistical analysis and visualization
- Experience in constructing DoE
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with implementing process automation (physical or data flow) to reduce waste and improve quality
Highly desired experience and attributes
- Experience in writing Python, Visual Basic and SQL database software.
- OPC server, cloud-based systems/databases
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- ERP/MRP systems
- Manufacturing Simulation
- Vision Systems
The ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary, together with a benefits package including excellent contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, life insurance, childcare voucher and share save scheme.
Please send a full CV detailing relevant experience together with details of current remuneration package via the Apply button or send to Ceres Power Ltd, Viking House, Foundry Lane, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 5PX