L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job Location – Tewkesbury or Fleet (UK) with travel to either site
Flexible or part time hours may be available alongside a hyrbid working pattern.
Job ID – SAS20220806-83646
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
Our continuous improvement framework is known as e3 and this position will report to our e3 Lead for our Intel & Cyber division and join the Business Assurance team. The team are responsible for providing confidence to stakeholders that the business is being run effectively and is protected from risk whilst optimising Policy Processes and Systems in order to enable sustainable growth in a changing environment.
This role will facilitate CI projects and associated activities across our business through the relevant training, coaching, and coordinating CI teams ensuring compliance with company CI and project lifecycle processes.
What the role will involve
If you were to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Facilitation of CI projects via Kaizen Events through relevant training, coaching, and coordinating CI teams ensuring compliance with company CI and project lifecycle processes.
- Contribute to the delivery of company Continuous Improvement (e3) strategies.
- Management of ‘Bright Ideas’ to contribute to the e3 project pipeline and timely closure of ideas.
- Coordinate the 5S+1 audits and actions across ICI EMEA
- Benchmark L3Harris ICI EMEA performance against L3Harris best practice and through agreed business capability assessment and maturity models.
- Remain current with latest trends and innovations in CI methodologies including but not limited to Lean and Six Sigma.
What you’ll bring
The role of Continuous Improvement Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- HNC/HND level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
- Six Sigma Greenbelt qualified
- Expert working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles and a proven track record of using these to implement change improvements.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology, tools and techniques including DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, FMEA, 5S, Process Capability Studies, SPC, Kaizen, Poke Yoke, SMED, etc.
- Relevant experience in a Process Engineering role
- An analytical mind capable of ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking to solve problems
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to achieve effective partnerships and relationships in a multi-discipline environment
- Displays a high level of respect, diplomacy and tact when dealing with stakeholders
- A self-starter committed to delivery and personal development of yourself and the team
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.