BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Apprentice Manufacturing Electronic Engineer – Level 4
Start Date: September 2022
Location: Guildford, Surrey
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence produces state-of-the-art electronic products which are critical for the safety of our society and the protection of industry in the UK and across the globe. A rigorous production and support framework underpins these products, ensuring that deliveries to our customers are of consistently high quality, and ensuring our products are resilient throughout their service life.
Electronic Engineers working in our Manufacturing Engineering capability work across all phases of the product lifecycle, including production, support, and through-life management of our electronic products. They develop a deep technical understanding of our products and apply digital, analog, RF and mechanical engineering principles to identify improvements and rectify issues quickly, and implement solutions to ensure the same issues don’t reoccur.
You will be part of our Future Talent community which organises training, networking and social events to get involved with. We will support you through your apprenticeship and we will encourage you to get involved in engineering outreach activities to inspire future generations of engineers.
Key Programme features
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building engineering excellence.
- A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills.
- Integrating, testing and supporting electronic products.
- Working with products across the product lifecycle: from the earliest standalone prototype systems to mature products that are in widespread operation with our customers.
- Understanding the functionality of electronic products.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading intensive training, supporting your development to becoming a skilled, work-ready Manufacturing Electronic Engineer.
- Support and mentorship from BAE Systems subject matter experts
- A demanding and rewarding career – making the world a safer place.
Reward & Benefits
- £18,000 starting salary
- Regular salary uplifts throughout the programme
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
- Numerate – demonstrated by GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Literate – demonstrated by GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- A Level 3 qualification - Either A Level or BTEC - In a numerate subject.
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for manufacturing electrical engineering.
Should your initial application be successful, you will be contacted by the recruiter with further information. Likely assessment activities include:
- CV submission & review
- Aptitude testing
- Virtual interview
- Medical & Security checks
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.