Role - Quality Inspector - Specialist
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £Negotiable (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Supports Quality service delivery through appropriate methods of inspection and evaluation, in support of the requirements of their specific Quality requirements.
You will be required to:
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies.
- Contribute to the development and validation of Quality methodologies.
- Participation in experimental trials improvement activities and audits, where appropriate. Engagement with relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience.
- ONC or equivalent in a related discipline.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications, and standards.
- Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions, inspection reports and other specific role documentation
- Proficient in technical role requirements
- Understanding of Basic Quality Tools and World Class Manufacturing.
- Previous experience in a Quality Control role.
- Sound workshop experience in the application of inspection quality tools and techniques, production activities and processes.
- Inspection practices, interpretation of detailed drawings, use of inspection equipment, setting up of components/assemblies.
- Reporting of product status including non-conformance management.
- Knowledge of Inspection tooling, processes, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret engineering drawings and technical specification