WHAT TO EXPECT
Reporting to the Global Senior Purchasing Manager this role will see you lead a team of Global Category Buyers and be responsible for setting the strategy, sourcing and contract management for digital software commodities and Major supplier accounts.
This role is pivotal for interface with other key functions within Jaguar Land Rover and acts as a core conduit for true cross functional working on digital commodities and supplier strategies across Global Purchasing, Business Development, IT, Engineering, Cost Engineering and other functions.
With the new Digital Purchasing organisation being newly formed and with the aspiration of significant growth the role holder will be responsible for leading the organisational transformation activities surrounding the establishment of the team and capabilities.
In this position, you can expect to be involved in the development of expertise in cost for commodities through developing and agreeing commercial frameworks, cost models and cost reduction strategies to achieve optimal cost. You will also manage new solution/project introduction of designated commodity/system, including contracted supplier obligations, solution readiness and resolution of any commercial and/or project issues/risks, being accountable for robust delivery to target cost
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
For this role, you will expected to Lead the team of Buyers responsible for the development and implementation of commodity strategic activities: Strategic Commodity Dossiers/Category Plans, Commodity Business Plans (CBP) and Strategic Supplier Dossiers (SSD), and ensure relevant data is updated and understood. You will also be accountable for the execution of commodity and supplier strategy, and the effectiveness of operational relationships with each of designated suppliers in region, ensuring that they adopt and follow the commodity strategy that delivers improved purchase operational performance.
As well as this, you will depended on to be responsible for issuing and analysing RFI's/RFQs and supplier liaison to ensure sourcing in line with policy and to agreed targets through Global Sourcing Process and responsible for deploying Total Cost/Value of Ownership approach to sourcing/strategy decision, evaluating risk and rewards of Buy, Make or Partner solutions.
As well as creating and leading effective relationship management strategies, you will be required to lead the purchasing engagement in the Jaguar Land Rover cross-functional workstream to assess commercial models and/or partnership with one or more key vendors in the technology space to accelerate Jaguar Land Rover digital transformation. Another requirement of a successful candidate is to lead the setup of the strategic agreements with vendors to optimise commercial agreements in line with the Jaguar Land Rover digital strategy
Responsible for all people management activities for the direct reports including the health, safety and wellbeing of the team and deployment and adherence to corporate policy (i.e. return to work process, disciplinary)Drive continuous improvement and quality improvements within the team in challenging existing practices and actively seeking ways to achieve better outcomes. * Motivate and develop the teams to achieve the best results, delivering an exceptional customer experience at all touchpoints and knowledge sharing throughout the business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Experienced in strategy setting and sourcing complex commodities and projects in a fast paced, high- pressured environment
* Commercial awareness and negotiation skills, creating opportunities for the cost reduction and multifaceted procurement strategies
* An individual who is results driven, demonstrates tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment while being flexible and creative
* Disciplined in planning and managing interactions with suppliers to drive maximum value add
* Understanding of Digital technology market dynamics and procurement trends
* A strong communicator with the ability to effectively manage key stakeholders and influence cross-functional alignment
* An effective leader, who actively develops and supports team members
* Previous Software/Digital category specific procurement leadership experience
* Previous experience in contracts negotiations
* Experience of stakeholder operational deployment / requirements of category (e.g. has worked in the stakeholder area of the specific category)
* Previous supplier experience within IT/Digital category
* Knowledge of the automotive industry