WHAT TO EXPECT
An exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic production environment with colleagues from across the Jaguar Land Rover organisation. The role is for a Software Diagnostic Engineer; working on the future Vehicle Launches and Continuous Improvement of the current production models at Solihull (both Jaguar and Land Rover). Working for the Chassis Engineering Plant Team directly but part of the wider Body Chassis Quality Team, you will be working directly alongside an experienced D Grade Diagnostic Engineer, where there will be opportunity for both personal and technical growth.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Representing Chassis Engineering in the Plant, as an interface between Engineering and Manufacturing.
* Liaise and Interface with multiple functions to ensure system level compatibility is robustly delivered.
* Ensuring intended software is available, validated and implemented at each pre-production build phase.
* Work on the successful resolution of software issues causing Manufacturing to divert vehicles into re-work
* Raising, Monitoring and Removing Software Masks
* Conducting Production Line Trials of new level Software once vehicles have reach Volume Production.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Some knowledge of Chassis and Electrical automotive systems.
* Ability to communicate technical data and conclusions within the team and to stakeholders
* Fully competent using modern IT equipment and software packages (Outlook, MS Office, MS Teams etc)
* Some knowledge and experience using problem-solving processes (e.g. 8D, DMAIC/Six Sigma)
* Ability to assimilate and process large quantities of data
* A full UK driving licence or equivalent
* Computing, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering degree (or equivalent)
* Some experience of using Software Diagnostic Tools e.g. Corvus, CANalyzer, WireShark
* Some experience of CAN, LIN, FlexRay & Ethernet Protocols
* Some knowledge of Network Architecture Diagrams and Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's)
* Some awareness of Product Delivery Processes, particularly the Launch Phases through to Volume Production
* Some experience of vehicle production facilities