WHAT TO EXPECT
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems - suspension architecture (subframes, suspension links, knuckles, engine mounts, etc.), suspension tuning (air suspension, active roll control, springs, dampers and anti-roll bars), braking, steering and wheels & tyres. Within the Steering, Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) group, the Lateral Motion (Steering) System Engineering team is responsible for the delivery of SWAT system performance that meets the requirements and targets set by attribute teams.
This role is responsible to lead the definition, development and delivery of Wheel & Tyre Assemblies and puncture management systems. The components under the direct control of SWAT are the Wheel & Tyre Assemblies and Puncture Management Systems; however, this role will also set specifications for any other systems or components that relate to the overall function of the Wheel and tyre Assembly.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Identify the key customers and stakeholders for the Wheel & Tyre Assembly, including all legislature and functional safety sources. Document and agree the precise customer requirements to define the expected system functionality and its performance targets
* Consider all possible system design concepts and develop an optimised strategy for business and end-user value.
* Lead the creation of technical documents to support Jaguar Land Rover Systems Engineering Gateways including logical architecture diagrams, system requirements document.
* Manage the delivery of the Wheel & Tyre Assemblies at system level across all new vehicle programmes.
* Generate Verification and Validation strategy for the Wheel & Tyre Assembly: design and develop test cases and test facilities.
* Generate targets and set a verification plan driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
* Transfer lessons learnt into requirement and test case framework.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment
* Experience of component or system engineering to deliver vehicle attribute requirements.
* Experience using Requirement Management Tools.
* Good verbal and written communications.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Direct experience of design and specification of Wheel & Tyre Assemblies.
* Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, system design and modelling, systems integration, system validation and acceptance.
* Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
* Experience of driving scrum-based product change in an Agile working environment.
* Experience working in cross-functional teams: engineering, suppliers, manufacturing and service departments.