This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing business as a Junior Support Engineer who specialises in our Cross-Domain range of products. We deliver next generation Cross-Domain solutions for Government and Defence customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic and intelligent individual to join our team to support our growing number of diverse projects.
This role will involve supporting multiple customers, based from BAE Systems offices in Guildford or Gloucester. The role requires a UK national who holds a current SC clearance. The candidate will be required to travel occasionally between the BAE Systems offices for collaboration and training purposes.
The successful candidate will be trained to provide remote and on-site support for a number of Cross-Domain customers as part of a wider Cross-Domain support team. The candidate will liaise with our 3rd and 4th line product support teams, for resolution of complex incidents, patches and to identify opportunities for improvement of our products through future releases.
The candidate may be required to travel alongside colleagues to the various customer sites Worldwide in order to carry out maintenance, updates and installations.
- Responsible for third level technical support for our customers.
- Investigation and diagnosis of technical issues raised by customers on their live deployments.
- Work with senior engineers to liaise with customers to inform of progress, request information, manage expectations and close out issues in a timely manner.
- Log, track and update tickets in our ITSM.
- Be a contributor to our knowledge base/FAQ.
- Maintain and manage/support test environments for problem replication.
- Work with Product Engineering and Project teams on customer issues.
- Work closely with key customers to provide a premium level of support and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide feedback on the product and make suggestions for improvement.
- Assist in preparing test cases, release notes, and test releases.
- Contribute ideas toward process improvements to improve the customer experience.
- Some experience of working in a technical support or similar environment.
- Good understanding of customer service.
- Working towards or achieved a formal networking qualification.
- Ability to achieve UKIC DV.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Working towards or achieved a formal network security qualification.
- Good understanding of cyber security principles.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and demands on time.
- Ability to be able to manage customer expectations.
- Carry out tasks under supervision.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Networking Principles.
- Fair understanding of IT hardware principles.
Future Career Progression Opportunities
On joining the Cross-Domain Support Team, you will be given an Individual Training Plan to follow throughout your development as an engineer.
You will be assigned a Career Manager to assist you in your development and training within the business. This role provides an excellent opportunity to experience a wide range of projects and technologies, with customer-facing involvement, allowing you to enhance your skills and knowledge to become a future engineering lead within the business.
Beyond your first project assignment, there are opportunities to work with a range of Cross-Domain products, solutions and customers. It will be expected that the candidate be willing to travel to other customer sites to work on installation projects, to provide support and maintenance.
Possible Future Roles include but are not limited to: Support Engineer, Senior Support Engineer, Support Specialist, Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Engineer, Solution Architect, Service Delivery Manager, or Technical Consultant.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.