At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence we produce state-of-the-art electronic products which are critical for the safety of our society and the protection of industry in the UK and across the globe. A rigorous manufacturing framework underpins these products, ensuring that deliveries to our customers are of consistently high quality, and ensuring our products are resilient throughout their service life.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for all the engineering aspects associated with the assembly and test of complex electronics products, working closely with development teams and reporting to senior stakeholders. You will work across all stages of the product lifecycle, including productionisation, production and support, leading to you developing a deep technical understanding of our products. You will apply digital, analog, RF, and mechanical engineering principles in order to identify improvements and overcome technical issues quickly.
Being surrounded by our highly-skilled engineering and management community, you will be mentored and receive all the training you require to perform your role successfully, through a combination of on the job or via formal training. You will have the opportunity to gain professional registration, and will be given real responsibility from day one.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to our success. We are proud to have a culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, candidates must be willing to undergo a UK security vetting procedure.
• Managing the engineering aspects of a production build and tracking its maturity through issue management, yield and reviews.
• Integrating, testing and supporting electronic products.
• Configuration management of our products.
• Undertaking fault diagnosis and resolution.
• Designing and implementing test systems and processes, including programming and deploying complex ATE.
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, often involving 3rd party compliance testing.
• Managing obsolescence of components used in our designs.
• Managing a range of electronic products from the earliest standalone prototype systems through to mature products that are in widespread operation with our customers.
• Ensuring our products are safe to produce and safe to use.
• Producing and presenting internal and customer deliverable documentation and reports.
• Proactively identifying and recommending opportunities for process improvement.
• Understanding the functionality of electronic products.
• Reporting engineering status to senior stakeholders.
Desirable skills and experience
• A degree-level qualification in an engineering or science discipline.
• Familiarity with electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
• Working in a live production and/or support environment, delivering against tight timescales and being adaptable to changing requirements.
• Documentation of production procedures.
• Operation of electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, network analysers, function generators, etc.).
• Fundamental principles of software development.
• Fundamental principles of mechanical design.
• Linux operating environment and scripting.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.