MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £35,500 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefits
The calibration and maintenance department is responsible for the day-to-day support to the product assembly and testing of weapons and equipment at both the Stevenage and Henlow sites as well as commissioning activities for MBDA Bolton. An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Administrator to join the calibration and maintenance team, providing day-to-day support to engineers carrying out calibration and maintenance of test solutions and associated equipmentWhat we're looking for
- Good understanding of configuration control and asset management systems
- Strong attention to detail.
- MS Office - proficient in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint to generate technical material.
- Supportive, helpful approach and a calm professional manner, even when under pressure or requirements are changed at the last minute.
- An awareness of budgetary management would be useful.
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous but not essential.
Providing technical administration support to Calibration & Maintenance department to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
What's in it for you?
- Update and control company equipment records, including archiving and transfer activities.
- Carry out costing activities alongside calibration engineers.
- Supporting the calibration and maintenance team by generating and updating technical documentation such as calibration specifications and PFMEA Reports.
- Processing of test equipment and tooling documentation including control and dispatch documentation.
- Liaising with test engineers and the Calibration & Maintenance team on the control and return of portable test instrumentation.
- Liaising with Design and Manufacturing Engineering on equipment documentation issues.
- Assist in the periodic competency monitoring checks on engineering certification for stampholders.
- Raising and processing Purchase Requisitions to assist calibration engineers in the procurement of items to support test equipment.
- Providing regular reports on spend against departmental budget codes.
Join a great team!
- There will be an opportunity to work on a variety of different tasks and projects, covering products in development and production.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal development.
The calibration and maintenance department is a friendly and proactive team. The work is varied and challenging. You will work closely with supervision and engineers in the control of documentation and asset records.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly, close knit team that work to a common goal with regular social events planned throughout the year.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.