- Closing date
- 9 Aug 2022
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £35,500 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefits
The calibration and maintenance department is responsible for the day-to-day support to the product assembly and testing of weapons and equipment at both the Stevenage and Henlow sites as well as commissioning activities for MBDA Bolton. An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Administrator to join the calibration and maintenance team, providing day-to-day support to engineers carrying out calibration and maintenance of test solutions and associated equipment
What we're looking for
- Good understanding of configuration control and asset management systems
- Strong attention to detail.
- MS Office - proficient in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint to generate technical material.
- Supportive, helpful approach and a calm professional manner, even when under pressure or requirements are changed at the last minute.
- An awareness of budgetary management would be useful.
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous but not essential.
Providing technical administration support to Calibration & Maintenance department to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Update and control company equipment records, including archiving and transfer activities.
- Carry out costing activities alongside calibration engineers.
- Supporting the calibration and maintenance team by generating and updating technical documentation such as calibration specifications and PFMEA Reports.
- Processing of test equipment and tooling documentation including control and dispatch documentation.
- Liaising with test engineers and the Calibration & Maintenance team on the control and return of portable test instrumentation.
- Liaising with Design and Manufacturing Engineering on equipment documentation issues.
- Assist in the periodic competency monitoring checks on engineering certification for stampholders.
- Raising and processing Purchase Requisitions to assist calibration engineers in the procurement of items to support test equipment.
- Providing regular reports on spend against departmental budget codes.
What's in it for you?
- There will be an opportunity to work on a variety of different tasks and projects, covering products in development and production.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal development.
Join a great team!
The calibration and maintenance department is a friendly and proactive team. The work is varied and challenging. You will work closely with supervision and engineers in the control of documentation and asset records.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly, close knit team that work to a common goal with regular social events planned throughout the year.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert