MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
£45,000 - 65,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
As Mechanical Architects, we are involved in all aspects of missile development, from the early feasibility studies to series production and in-service support within MBDA. You will gather and manage requirements to achieve missile performance, on time and on cost and overall layout vs compliance. This involves providing justification of the design and co-ordinating the verification evidence of missile performance to support certification. We also ensure functional and mechanical requirements are flown down to the sub-assemblies within the missile which includes:
What we're looking for from you:
- Analysing overall product structure, mechanical interfaces and architecture
- Facilitating architectural trades
- Ensuring support of generic policies i.e. modularity, re-use, design for assembly
- Undertaking phased missile level technology maturity & complexity of design assessments
- Defining missile level hardware requirements
- Supporting product Design and program Phase Gate reviews
What to expect:
- Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Experience of electro-mechanical & mechanical design
- Experience developing proving logic and leading the generation of compliance evidence
- We are also interested in a good understanding of broader engineering fields, such as:
- Aerodynamics / Materials /Vibration, Shock, Fatigue /Six Sigma & Lean Design /Critical Parameter Management /Systems Engineering V-model /Failure Mode & Effects Analysis/ Test Design i.e: Design of Experiments
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.